Keeping your workplace safe and healthy
All workers are at risk of injury whether their work is physical, and involves manual handling, or whether they work at a desk, and face the risks that come with inactivity. Nobody comes to work to get injured, and sound work practices can help avoid this.
Timing: 1.5 hour workshop
Who should attend: All workers, supervisors, team leaders and managers who want to maintain safe work practices.
Workshop Overview: Topics include:
- Identification of issues
- Risk assessment
- Control options using hierarchy of control
- Responsibilities of workers and managers under the WHS Act
- Safe lifting techniques
- Pushing and pulling techniques
- Assess the work environment
- Healthy job design
- Manual handling code of practice
- Questions and scenarios